ABOUT RANDY MACDONALD
- Randy has a lifetime of racing experience, racing throughout the NE and Canada before making his first Cup Series start in 1994. Racing full time in the Truck Series from 2001 to 2003, Randy never finished outside the top-20 in the final points standings
- While racing in the NASCAR North Series in 1985, Randy was busy earning his Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Waterloo.
- Randy has helped build the careers of many young drivers and mechanics. Tony Stewart even made his first test in a Nationwide Series car driving for MacDonald Motorsports. In 2012, drivers from the USA, Australia, and Japan made starts for the team.
- Randy MacDonald is one of the most involved owners in the NASCAR garage. He is involved in day-to-day operations at the shop and at the race track each weekend of the season.
- Randy is very business-minded, thinking outside of the box to bring added value to sponsors and increasing their ROI.
- Through many, many years in the sport, Randy has built a lifetime of relationships and countless connections inside the industry.
- The team continues to improve each season, building off the success of the previous year. In 2012, rookie driver Jason Bowles ran every race for MacDonald Motorsports, finishing 13th in the final NASCAR Nationwide Series driver standings.
- Randy is future minded and understands that the sport is changing. The goal for MacDonald Motorsports in the upcoming years is to build an organization that is championship caliber. He understands that this will require new partners/investors and the ability to control costs.
ABOUT MACDONALD MOTORSPORTS
MacDonald Motorsports Owner Randy MacDonald has been around the NASCAR circles since 1985, when he won the NASCAR North Rookie of the Year title while studying for his mechanical engineering degree. Inspired by his dad, Randy chose to pursue his dream to race cars and develop an entrepreneurial spirit. As a NASCAR driver, Randy was successful in making it all the way to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The MacDonald family has fielded cars in all three of NASCAR’s elite series, maintaining a commitment to being “all in” in regards to giving their drivers and sponsors their very best.
336 491 8572
223 Rolling Hills Road
Mooresville NC 28117
704 660 0031
fax 704 660 0034
MacDonald Motorsports Facebook
All Autograph requests should be sent to:
223 Rolling Hills Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
Make sure to include a prepaid package for return shipment